I work with disabled people alot, and i was asked if i could help to set up a smartphone with a bunch of features that can help people with limited fine motor skills, one of the problems i have run into is that the person in question is unable to hold a phone to her ear properly, so if possible i would like to force the phone to turn on the speakerphone function on any call automatically, does anyone know the best way to do that without adding anything that could complicate the use of the device ?
    05-17-2018 11:01 AM
    While there is no 'stock' accessibility option for this, any device assistant should be able to handle the task (at least tested on Bixby and Google Assistant) if you initiate the call that way and specifying speakerphone. For instance, I tried saying 'Call Mom on Speakerphone' and 'Call Mom on Speaker' and both assistants managed to do it right.

Automation apps like Tasker might be able to do that for all calls, but it's not something 'simple' (you have to create a 'recipe' to make Tasker switch to speakerphone for any call, and not sure if this requires root... it would be a one-time set up, though). Or there might be 3rd party phone apps that might have that function (but I'm not sure, I never really replace my phone app, but you can).
    05-17-2018 04:47 PM
    I can call people on my LG K20 on speaker just by saying call John Smith on speaker and it works why won't it work with my Moto buy Motorola
    10-23-2018 06:14 PM