my 4g is only turning OFF when I open something requiring USING the 4g. when I close whatever requires data usage, the 4g comes back ON!?!?
    Verizon Motorola smart phone. I have plenty of data left and available on this cycle. this doesn't apply when I'm connected to WiFi, only when not on WiFi. my 4g will be connected and ready to go, as shown by the icon up top. if I open an app or a website, the 4g speed and connectivity will then get shaky and slow to load. then the 4g turns off by itself and reverts to the 1x symbol next to the service bars, or no symbol next to the service bars. if I then close the app/website/whatever requires data usage, the 4g will come back on after a moment.
    if I'm doing something that requires no data usage (texting on phone's default messenger, scrolling through call history, scrolling through phone settings etc) the 4g is connected and ready to go. it's literally only turning off when I need to use it! am I missing some type of setting that would fix this? thank you!
    05-18-2018 04:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you on Verizon or a different carrier? Have you asked them about this yet?
    05-18-2018 04:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you on Verizon or a different carrier? Have you asked them about this yet?
    Verizon and no I figured I'd see if anyone on here knew
    05-18-2018 05:32 PM
    Although it might seem like a bit of a cop-out answer, it often is a good idea to start with the carrier for this kind of thing. They might consider giving you a replacement SIM card, or reprovisioning the phone to make sure it's properly connected to the network.

Which Motorola phone is it? It's worth seeing if the problem persists in Safe Mode, or after a cache partition wipe. We need to know which phone it is first, though.
    05-18-2018 11:02 PM