My google maps voice is playing from my cell phone when I am away from my car (walking down the street). When my car is ON, the voice does not play from either the cell phone or the car speakers. NOTE: I have Android Auto on my phone and car. I went into Google Maps settings on my cell phone and I get the same result whether I have voice enabled over Bluetooth or disabled. I also would note that the speaker on Google Maps on my cell phone is ON and not muted.

I also tried going into the Bluetooth page on my phone and enabling MEDIA. That did not work either.
    05-18-2018 04:40 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue with my 2018 Ford Edge. I can see the directions on screen but there's no voice. The only was I re-enabled was to disable bluetooth on the phone (which also removed the display). When the dealer set it up and I left I thought you could just barely hear it, sounded like a whisper but after trying to raise the volume I haven't heard it since.
    10-31-2018 01:39 PM
    Try laying music through the car audio via Bluetooth.

If you have the same problem, see your Ford dealer's service department. They may have a service bulletin, a software update, or you may just have a defective car head unit.
    10-31-2018 02:25 PM