I just bought an LG V20 on eBay. I did not get a manual or instructions.

I want to install the PDAnet app before I install my sim card for Verizon. I also want to transfer apps and data from a Samsung S3.

My first question is can I turn it on and have it work as a camera, connect to a wifi network without having it initialized with the Verizon sim card?

Here's where I'm at with it. I charged the battery and then turned it on. The screen message that popped up was : "initializing please wait". Worried that it was trying to connect to Verizon I turned it off.

I would also like advise on the best way to transfer my data, files and apps, especially the apps. It will be much easier to transfer the 24 plus apps I have than to download them all new. I can update afterwords if that works.

I appreciate any advise I can get. Web searches have produced zero help.
    05-18-2018 05:10 PM
    Why the aversion to connecting to Verizon? If it's Verizon-branded it will do/install nothing differently than is already there.

Yes, the phone should connect to WiFi without the Verizon SIM installed.

Does LG include a transfer utility like Samsung does? Google also has had one, not sure if it's part of Android as a whole or if it was Pixel-specific. The apps themselves can be reinstalled from the Play Store (possibly even as part of the restore during setup) but the app data itself is another question. We have an article that was posted on the front page with some info - https://www.androidcentral.com/how-r...-android-phone

As for PDANet - for what purpose, why do you feel the need to install it before installing the SIM? If you're intending to bypass the carrier block on tethering - we won't discuss that here, it's against the ToS we agreed to when we signed up for the site.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-2018 06:10 PM