05-10-2019 05:50 AM
31 12
tools
    Just find the folder that they are saving in and create the .nomedia folder. They should stop saving to your phone's photo gallery. But I'm not sure. I'm using Galaxy note 8. So far I haven't seen any in mine. Keeping my fingers crossed it worked bc I hate opening my gallery and finding 200 plus Facebook stickers! I kept thinking where in the hell did these come from?!?
    11-04-2018 10:29 AM
    Worked great TY!!
    12-06-2018 12:48 AM
    Just find the folder that they are saving in and create the .nomedia folder. They should stop saving to your phone's photo gallery. But I'm not sure. I'm using Galaxy note 8. So far I haven't seen any in mine. Keeping my fingers crossed it worked bc I hate opening my gallery and finding 200 plus Facebook stickers! I kept thinking where in the hell did these come from?!?
    Well, I have the same issue and read the entire thread and tried to grasp what to do. This is insane having these stickers filling up my gallery randomly along with screen shots of games I play etc. even in video form!

I plugged in my phone via USB to my laptop. Created a .nomedia file and then got lost!

Discovered in search for .nomedia files under Galaxy S8 phone, 10 files with different dates for .nomedia!!? Starting in December 2017 through today.

I do not understand where I am supposed to place that file on my phone. Please help me. I do not want to make matters worse. Thanks.
    02-27-2019 04:43 PM
    First of all there is no .nomedia file where the stickers are located. I tried renaming the file .stickers. Didn't work. Invalid filename. Same thing when trying to create a .nomedia folder. I also do not see any option for creating a blank file and naming it .nomedia. In the end I just deleted the stupid stickers folder. Waiting to see you now if Messenger recreates it. But so far the stickers are gone from the gallery. If all else fails take the albums you most want to see in your gallery and declare them favorites. Those albums will be above the stickers and thus easier to access.
    05-09-2019 10:44 AM
    First of all there is no .nomedia file where the stickers are located.
    The stickers are showing up in your Gallery app because Facebook forgot to put the ".nomedia" file in the folder with the stickers.

I tried renaming the file .stickers. Didn't work. Invalid filename.
    Wrong solution. Using a file browser app or text editor (not word processor), create an empty file called ".nomedia".

Same thing when trying to create a .nomedia folder. I also do not see any option for creating a blank file and naming it .nomedia.
    See above.

In the end I just deleted the stupid stickers folder. Waiting to see you now if Messenger recreates it. But so far the stickers are gone from the gallery. If all else fails take the albums you most want to see in your gallery and declare them favorites. Those albums will be above the stickers and thus easier to access.
    It is expected that Facebook will recreate the folder, still missing the ".nomedia" file.
    05-09-2019 03:20 PM
    Wrong solution. Using a file browser app or text editor (not word processor), create an empty file called ".nomedia".
    Okay thanks that worked. Even though I've written HTML code on the PC, I was unfamiliar with using a text editor on the phone. I downloaded a text editor app and within a short time was able to add the blank .nomedia file. The stickers were in two different folders. One containing the smiley variations and the other containing the cat variations. So had to create that blank .nomedia file in both places. Rebooted the phone and the first time I checked the gallery the stickers were still there. Opened the gallery again and suddenly the stickers disappeared so it worked.
    B. Diddy and ManiacJoe like this.
    05-10-2019 05:50 AM
31 12