Unexpected Error 100

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever I make a call I get a dialog popup saying "Unexpected ERROR 100" and if anyone knows what is causing this or how to get it to stop I'd be very grateful. The call still goes through but having it do this each time is annoying.

Loquacious1

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, B. Diddy. Never tried making a call in safe mode and wasn't aware you could. I'm using a Samsung Note 4, gently used and like new. It is an emergency phone to take along into town so I know more about a PC or tablet than cell phones.

I'm in the process of moving so turned off my landline and have been using the cell exclusively when I noticed the message and am not sure how long it has been that way. I'm on a small island which has a repeater in our cove which is isolated from repeaters in town. I won't be resetting this device until moved and have more time to fiddle with it. Then I'll see how it behaves on the mainland and if this is caused by unusual location or a lone repeater as our cell service can be dubious and Verizon is our only carrier.

The phone makes calls so not a big worry but I'd hoped someone might have an idea what caused the message. I've removed unneeded software hoping it was a conflict. I'll be changing carriers once relocated and use a different phone resulting. This is a curiosity about the Verizon Note 4 I'm currently using and will end up as a pocket computer soon, but I'll try to get it working properly first. If I don't respond here quickly it's because I'm in the moving process so thanks for your patience.

Loquacious1

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Might have worked if I had DirectTV app or even DirectTV. If I were to loosely follow those directions I'd uninstall and reinstall phone software which is built into the OS and not doable. I suspect this will require a reset of the phone after getting moved. Right now I don't have time to fool with set up work in the middle of moving so it'll have to wait. Thanks for your input though. I believe this is a problem that happened with poor Samsung proprietary software messing with The Google. I know this much, no matter how much I've liked the Note line, Samsung won't be getting future business from me because they don't keep phone or tablet OS updated and install bloatware that can't be removed without rooting which isn't something I bother with and shouldn't need to. This is a phone and if anything about it should work properly, it's the dialer! Once I get on the mainland where I have access to a Verizon store they'll help get it straightened out and if I ask nicely to take their branded stuff and that bloatware off the phone for me too. Never hurts to ask...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol