Can you add fun notification sounds

Prettylady37

May 21, 2018
Visit site
I was curious if there was a way to add a notification sound to your phone that isn't on the factory list. For eg. When I receive a Twitter notification adding a bird tweeting for that app.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can!

Find an MP3 containing the sound you want to use as a ring/notification tone, then transfer it to your phone (or better yet, download it using the phone's browser).

If you download it using the phone's browser, it'll be saved into a folder called Download. Open your phone's file browser (on Samsung, it's called My Files, though it may be different on other phones - its name should be obvious enough, anyways). Find the Download folder, then select the MP3 file (usually just a long-press on the file will do it, though sometimes it's buried in a menu option depending on which phone you're using). Then, move the file to the appropriate folder - for ringtones, it's called Ringtones, and for notifications, it's Notifications, and for alarms... I'm sure you get the picture by now ;) These folders live on the top level of your phone's internal storage (at the same level you found the Download folder).