Hello everyone, first let me introduce myself, I'm dubski63, and I am a brand new member on here, this is my first post. I hope someone can help me. I have had several Android phones, all of them Samsung's. However, I switched to an LGV10 when I got my latest phone, and I have had nothing but problems ever since I have had it. The newest issue is I have a terrible battery, and it doesn't last long at all. It is charging more then I am using it. Needless to say it dies a lot. Normally that isn't an issue, however for the last two weeks every time I restart the phone either from powering back on to even a restart, it gives that warning and then it optimizes for over 10 minutes. I was doing some reading on here, and removed my Zedge AP. And it still does it. What else can I do? I just want to be able to use my phone. I purchased a new bigger battery today, and hopefully that fixes my bad battery issue. How do I get rid of the optimizing issue?
    Thank you for your help.
    05-21-2018 05:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Truecaller is another app that's been mentioned -- if you have that installed, get rid of it.
    05-22-2018 12:44 AM
    Thanks BDiddy, I uninstalled Zedge, and I don't have Truecaller. Is my only option to do a factory reset? The other question I have is my phone dies really quick, and the phone is really hot, all of the time. I even recently bought an extended battery, and it dies right away. Then of course once I'm charging it and restarting it the Optimizing message comes up. I'm so frustrated at this point. I have a phone I can't use.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    05-22-2018 01:11 PM
    Welcome to the forums. As B. Diddy said there are reports of different apps causing this problem. So far the list includes Zedge, Truecaller, Localcast, Caller ID and Facebook. The usual fix is uninstalling the offending app, clear cached data in your storage settings and restart the phone. When uninstalling any app just remember to force stop and clear data for the app before hitting the uninstall button.
    B. Diddy and zalmoxiss like this.
    05-22-2018 01:24 PM
    One more to the list, UC Browser.
    05-22-2018 01:45 PM
    A new Sticky thread has been created:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t
    05-22-2018 03:11 PM
    Dubski63, I have been through the ringer (no pun intended) with my Verizon V10. The phone has a defect that subsequently bricks it. There is an overheating issue that fries something on the board and the Phone gets stuck in a boot loop. (google it for details). The good news is LG has extended the warranty to at least 2 years, I would suggest calling them (you'll need the serial numbers under the battery) and they can tell you if it has the defect and if it's covered. You'll have to send it in and it takes a solid week to get it back, I just activated my old phone while waiting. Regarding the battery the ones I've purchased on Amazon for 8-10 bucks that claim to extend life are generally garbage. I sent a couple back and one of the key things to note is you need to let the battery completely discharge and recharge a few times before it reaches peak performance. I have one I swear for 2 months before it starting lasting most of the day. Probably worth the extra money buying a new one from Verizon. Finally, I'm also having optimizing apps 1 of 1 issue. Still trying to figure it out, but so far it's not FB.
    06-30-2018 08:03 AM
    it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?
    Hi, it'd be better to post here: https://forums.imore.com/
    08-30-2018 11:53 AM