as soon as i opened up my my phone after it updated i hate the way apps are shaped differently and some have unnecessary backgrounds even after i have turned icon frames off. then i open up my keyboard and yell because the new layout is awful. the old one is a million times better. i just want to uninstall the latest update before i find more reasons to hate it, please tell me there's a way to get the precious old one back.
    05-21-2018 10:07 PM
    The only method that I can think of would be to do a Factory Reset.

Then you would have to continually decline the Software Update prompts.
    05-21-2018 10:33 PM
    The only method that I can think of would be to do a Factory Reset.
    Factory reset does not restore the original OS. Once the OS updates that new version becomes the baseline on that device. "Factory reset" is a misnomer, it's really a user data wipe.

For the OP - you don't say what device you have. Some have tools available from the manufacturer that allow you to reflash the firmware on the device, but that wipes your data also so you need to be sure to back up your device.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    tube517 likes this.
    05-22-2018 06:06 AM
    Go to the play store, get a icon pack you like and download your preferred keyboard.
    05-22-2018 08:27 AM
    as soon as i opened up my my phone after it updated i hate the way apps are shaped differently and some have unnecessary backgrounds even after i have turned icon frames off. then i open up my keyboard and yell because the new layout is awful. the old one is a million times better. i just want to uninstall the latest update before i find more reasons to hate it, please tell me there's a way to get the precious old one back.

Having same problems with my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus since the update to Oreo but all apps that were on the SD card are greyed out and I can't get them back. When I go to install the app it says an incompatible version has been downloaded on a similar device. But the SD card that these apps were saved to got corrupted during the Oreo update.
    07-31-2018 02:25 PM
    I have been hesitant to hit the download new updates on my S7 Edge but figured would be no big deal...boy was I wrong. Totally sucks...my lovely phone that I hoped to keep for 2 more years is getting the battery life sucked out of it. I have the phone set to reduce battery power. The main reason I have an android over the iphone is the battery life..might as well get an iphone now. any hope that there will be a patch to fix battery and all the annoying issues with the apps and keyboard.?
    08-14-2018 12:12 AM
    I have been hesitant to hit the download new updates on my S7 Edge but figured would be no big deal...boy was I wrong. Totally sucks...my lovely phone that I hoped to keep for 2 more years is getting the battery life sucked out of it. I have the phone set to reduce battery power. The main reason I have an android over the iphone is the battery life..might as well get an iphone now. any hope that there will be a patch to fix battery and all the annoying issues with the apps and keyboard.?
    My friends with iphone 7Plus & 8plus actually have a great battery life. From the android bunch you can still try Pixel 2XL if you want to stay clear of Samsung phones (the s8 is kinda weak imo, you can skip that anyway)
    08-14-2018 08:58 AM