Why I don't have a Home App on my Nougat?

May 23, 2018
Visit site
I did some researches on Google and I found out that my phone doesn't have a Home App for me to put a launcher. I will be very grateful for anyone can help me with this matter.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your phone has a launcher, if it didn't you wouldn't have icons on your homescreen (or even a homescreen). If you install a 3rd-party launcher, the next time you press your home button it will ask you which launcher you want to use.

The Home app from Google is for controlling Chromecast and Google Home devices.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
That could just be an indication that you don't have multiple launchers installed on the phone, and therefore don't need to set one as the default. It's just running whatever was preinstalled by the manufacturer. Regardless, as @hallux indicated above, your phone wouldn't run without a launcher, so if you see icons on the desktop and have the ability to navigate the interface, you're already using one.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. Your phone has a launcher. The phone is unusable without one. The fact that you can click on anything means you have a launcher. The phone won't even turn on without a launcher.

2. It may differ from phone to phone, but Nougat on the Samsung has the option in "Settings>Apps>3 dot menu>default apps>home app". But Samsung does ship with two launchers (Samsung Experience and Easy Home). So maybe the setting disappears if you only have one launcher. For example, the setting for navigation button themes disappear if the active theme does not have alternate icons.

3. Go ahead and install the launcher you want. It will still give you the option to set it as default.

May 23, 2018
Visit site
I did installed the Evie launcher, and it works pretty well but Everytime I press home, it goes back to the default launcher. Well I guess the problem is with my phone. But anyway, thank-you guys. I really appreciate you guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-23-23-46-42.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-23-23-46-42.png
    237.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2018-05-23-23-46-50.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-23-23-46-50.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 5

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you want it to go back to Evie every time, try that "Set Evie as your default launcher for a simpler, faster home screen." thing. If tapping that doesn't do anything, go to Settings/Apps and look for Google Now Launcher. Open that and look for Default. Clear the defaults.

Then hit home and you'll be asked which launcher to use. Choose Evie. If it gives you the choice of Just ow or Always, choose Always, otherwise choose Always the next time it asks you which launcher you want.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma