Are pictures lost forever if using TWRP to wipe data?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the following problem: I accidentally deleted an important picture and tried to recover it; Using DiskDigger (without root) I only find the low quality version of the picture - I read that I need to have root access to search for all pictures which I did not have - hence since I am using Android Oreo on my S8+ the only possibility I saw to root it was with TWRP and SuperSu using the way which is described here:

http s:// www .androidexplained. com/galaxy-s8-root-supersu/ (delete spaced to get to the page)

Basically I did the following: OEM Unlock, then using the Downloadmode and Odin to put the TWRP tar file on it, then in TWRP I wiped out data, installed the no-verity.zip file and then installed the supersu.zip file and my root was successful;

Now I actually thought that when I use disk digger again, that all my pictures now can be restored (since the 'wiping' took like 10s it is impossible that all the storage got really overwritten)

Unfortunately, when running now the programme with root access I can't find any pictures I had before the 'wiping' - is that normal? Is there any way to recover it? Or did I screw it up?

One thing maybe worth mentioning is that the supersu failed to install in the first place and I played with the data format - precisely I changed the /data directory from EXT4 to exFAT and back because I thought maybe this would solve the issue; Also worth mentioning is that I did not do a backup (just copied the DCIM file to my computer) since I think that a deleted photo won't be part of a backup anyway..

I would be extemely thankful about any kind of comment about it - thank you so much

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1