Contact sync

akshay ragesh

May 24, 2018
Visit site
I added all my email accounts to my Gmail app. I wanted contacts from only my primary account but now I can see contacts from all the accounts. Also, WhatsApp shows these contacts as well. I tried turning the sync off for the other accounts separately but that is of no help as these contacts remain. What do I do? How can I see and use just the contacts of my primary account and none others? Same for WhatsApp as well.
Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Problem is the contacts have already been synced to your device, so only removing the accounts would delete them automatically. HOWEVER, since you already turned off sync for all additional accounts but still left sync on to your main account, you can just re-force the sync. Open your App Manager, find the Contacts app, and wipe data (Just note that this will delete ALL Contacts, including those not backed up to a cloud account! So make sure you have your information backed up elsewhere before doing that!). Now just wait. The system will automatically re-sync your main account (because the Sync Contacts option is enabled) and leave your other accounts offline.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon