I recently switched from a Nexus6+ to Galaxy S9. My biggest frustration is that with the Nexus the screen would turn on when I received a notification and I could double tap notification that to open the app (without unlocking/swiping, if I had smart-lock on) This was super convenient for responding to texts, and also mobile authentications for work.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make this happen on the S9.
    05-24-2018 10:10 AM
    I hate the screen turning on (which is what I disable first thing for texts), but there are apps that can enable this (the stock text app, however, already does this by default. Edge lighting also provides a similar function.

As for opening the app, unfortunately you cannot skip the swipe. This is a 'security feature' that's been around in Android for a couple versions (I know a few handsets have it, so thought it was an Android thing, but it might be manufacturer-forced if you didn't have it on a Nexus at least running Nougat). You can still double tap on apps form the lockscreen or notifications or even AOD, you just have to authenticate or swipe to get to them. No way around this one, I'm afraid (other than rooting and modifying the system).
    05-24-2018 11:23 AM