Hi everyone! A few days ago my Galaxy s9+ started to not automatically connect to my car anymore (it had previously). When I manually connect it, it will only connect for media but not phone. In the Bluetooth settings the call audio for sync is turned off, but when I toggle that on it will turn back off a couple seconds later. I also tried manually connecting to the phone from my car, but it just says no device found (even when it is connected for media still). Not sure what changed so if anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful! Thank you! P.S. I have a Ford escape with sync if that makes a difference.
    05-24-2018 06:11 PM
    Delete the car audio from the phone. Delete the phone from the car audio. Pair them again. Sometimes the pairing gets messed up.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-25-2018 12:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, are there any other Bluetooth devices that could be competing for the Phone Audio connection (like BT headphones or a smartwatch)?
    05-25-2018 08:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Also, are there any other Bluetooth devices that could be competing for the Phone Audio connection (like BT headphones or a smartwatch)?
    Hello! And I do have a galaxy gear s2 smartwatch that is connected. I have had that connected in the past with no issue. I also had my Bluetooth headphones connected at the same time a week or so ago and I am wondering if a setting got messed up when I had both connected at the same time. I'll try and reset my Bluetooth settings and reconnect everything.
    05-25-2018 11:54 PM
    Delete the car audio from the phone. Delete the phone from the car audio. Pair them again. Sometimes the pairing gets messed up.
    I tried doing as you said, when it re-paired it was still having the same issue. I tried so a master reset on my Bluetooth settings and my cars sync settings and then re-pairing and that still did not work. So now I have no clue what to try from here.
    05-30-2018 03:45 PM
    I have the 8+ and I am having the same issue that you are where the phone wont connect but the media will. I didn't have an issue until about a week ago when a new security update came out.
    05-30-2018 04:33 PM
    Is there a way to check for firmware updates for the car system?
    06-03-2018 01:53 PM
    Any luck on correcting this issue? Same issue started with my S9 Plus today. Noticed it after a software update. Bluetooth connects in my car for audio but will not connect for phone calls. If I try and turn on call audio it turns off then immediately turns back off.
    09-21-2018 08:37 PM
    I had the same issue on my note 9 I just got last Friday.

Go to setting>general management>reset>reset network settings

This will get rid of wifi connections as well but after reset I was able to connect to my car's bluetooth perfectly.

Erase any pairing within the car and pair them again.
    10-22-2018 12:43 PM
    I have a note 9 and had this happen today. I can make calls when connected through Android Auto but ... It shows bluetooh connection and there is no sound thru the vehicle. I can switch to the speaker on the phone and continue the calls. I can hear music thru my music apps. So removed Android Auto, cleared cache, rebooted phone, no luck.

Tried just bluetooth to vehicle, will not find phone. Tried to pair, shows it is paired thru Chevy and phone. Still shows no phone on the vehicle. Have wiped every app that has any audio connections on the phone. Still not able to connect to the vehicle.

will try reset network settings and see how that works. unless someone has other solutions.
    07-06-2019 05:31 PM
    We have the same issue and we've been through Everyone we can think of to resolve it. Verizon, Samsung chat, Android Auto (not compatible with my car, but Samsung asked me to try it anyway - didn't get far with it), UBreakIFix (what a joke that place was). We've factory reset, soft reset, reset network, deleted pairings and re-paired Numerous times, turned off battery optimization, spun around, jumped 3 times, and spat in a hat to no avail. I have no competing devices in my car.

After telling me my phone was not compatible with Bluetooth (WTH?!?! - maybe she misspoke . . .), Samsung gave me a case number and referred me to the most inept group of people I've met in a long time. Those people, UBreakIFix, said they couldn't access Samsung's system and ignored Everything I told them; most importantly that media stays connected, but connecting for phone calls causes the connection to drop. I even brought up the chat conversation between the Samsung rep and myself so UBIF could save some time by not repeating everything that had been tried already. I shouldn't have bothered, they weren't going to try Anything other than a flash reset and something else that "only they" have the ability to do (they wouldn't explain a thing and spoke to people as though technical information would be too complex for our simple minds). The second girl mentioned that the S10+ was on Bluetooth 2.0 and our cars probably needed to be updated. Got home, looked it up, S10+ is Bluetooth 5.0 and I'd imagine Samsung would make it backwards compatible (or wouldn't they).

After Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum reset my phone they tried it with a pair of ear buds. Surprise! It worked, the connection was stable. But! Those ear buds did not have phone call capability. I was 10 feet high and circling at that point so I took my phone and left before I throttled the girls. I know that's snarky, but holy Hannah the apathetic attitudes on those heifers was maddening. Oh, and they nicked my tempered glass so I ended up worse off by going to them.

We've tried it on a 2018 Jaguar XF, a 2017 Toyota Tundra, and a 2015 Volkswagen. All of them dropped as soon as Bluetooth was connected for phone calls. Media was stable. We tried my phone, and my husband's phone - both S10+ purchased on the same day. Okay, so automobiles may not be caught up (why media would connect but not phone is one technical detail I Am ignorant about so I can't argue for or against). However, both our headphones drop as soon as we connect Bluetooth for phone calls so I'm not buying that "your car needs updating" bit. His are Bose, mine are a cheap pair from Amazon by a company (Raylin) which seems to have already gone defunct.

For me it's not a huge deal - I don't like talking on the phone anyway - and my phone is essentially a tiny laptop for working on the go. Bluetooth made it convenient for emergency situations, but I'm content to pull over to have a conversation. For my husband it's a different situation - one-half of our livelihood depends on him being able to connect Bluetooth for phone calls as he's in his truck the majority of the day. As the person who sees how deplorable his driving skills are when he's not hands-free (35 mph in the left lane in a 55 zone, ahem), believe me when I say that for public safety Need him to be able to connect his phone to his truck.

I waited to post this to test after the July update. It seemed to be fixed yesterday as I had a stable connection with both phone and media, but today it's back to its old tricks and drops as soon as Bluetooth is connected for phone calls. Disconnect phone calls, leave media on, and I can listen to Spotify all day. Turn on phone calls, boom - FM radio comes on. Turn off phone calls, stable connection.
    07-13-2019 04:57 PM