How do you sign into a secure wifi network with Android?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Anytime that I attempt to login to a secure network, after I select the network, my phone always wants the following information: "EAP Method", "Phase 2 Authentication", "CA Certificate", "Identity", "Anonymous Identity".

Instead of just entering the password provided, I am supposed to come up with all the additional information listed above.

Others have no problems logging in to secure networks. Do I have a setting wrong on my phone?

Help

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What device? I don't have those same options on my Pixel 2 XL.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this something like a company Wi-Fi that you use for work? If so, I'd talk to your IT dept. They may have additional security in place and can talk you through it.

cakymo

May 29, 2018
Visit site
In the most recent incident - I was in non-work seminar and they had Wi-Fi for their guests, and gave us the passcode. My phone wanted to know the EAP Method....etc...

It is so strange. I figure that I must have a setting wrong on my phone somewhere that is requiring this extra information.