I was running out of memory and so I went into settings and change some things after that the screen suddenly started going black when I was able to finally get it to a double screen with black up top and my messaging or whatever I was doing at the bottom I discovered that the black screen was my maps app
    05-26-2018 09:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? What settings did you change? Go to Settings>Apps, select Maps, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Now open Maps again. Does the problem persist?
    05-27-2018 09:05 PM
    Clearing cache partition is a common but effective way to fix Android black screen issue. That is because the caches on your phone would not only slow down the device but also interrupt the running the of the system. Thus, you can try to boot your phone into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition on the Android.

- Firstly, power off your device by long pressing the Power button;

- Secondly, press the Power and Volume Down buttons to enter the Recovery Mode;

- Next, select the option wipe cache partition from the list on the screen and press the Power button to confirm your choice;

- Finally, when the wiping process ends, you need to use the Volume Up/Down button to elect reboot system now option to restart the device.
    06-03-2018 09:41 PM