Before I get the regular lock screen, it gives me one with an ad and 4 apps like messages, contacts, camera and "clear ram." I have to swipe away this screen for the actual one and it's very annoying and I'm scared that something bad has happened to my phone. This problem just occurred recently before I updated my phone to the most recent update.

(I have a samsung galaxy s8+)
    Attached Thumbnails why is there an extra lock screen that I have to swipe away before unlocking my phone?-734.jpg  
    05-26-2018 11:31 PM
    Welcome to AC.

Looks like you installed an app that came with an additional payload. Did you install anything new recently? I would remove that app.
    05-26-2018 11:45 PM
    I deleted all my recently downloaded apps and it still is like this
    05-27-2018 03:57 PM
    Nevertheless, does this persist in Safe Mode?
    05-27-2018 06:44 PM
    Download Malwarebytes free from the App Store run it see if it removes the problem if not go to home screen and return to original home screen launcher not a third party home screen launcher this should fix the problem also you can search for launcher apps that don't have the bulk where that you're speaking of but still offer the benefits I just researched state today and found most of them without add
    setting not user pick launcher
    05-27-2018 07:04 PM
    Download Malwarebytes free from the App Store run it see if it removes the problem if not go to home screen and return to original home screen launcher not a third party home screen launcher this should fix the problem also you can search for launcher apps that don't have the bulk where that you're speaking of but still offer the benefits I just researched state today and found most of them without add
    setting not user pick launcher
    05-27-2018 07:15 PM
    I'm having the same issue and cant get that swipe thing to go away and its driving me crazy. Some one please help.
    01-22-2019 02:45 AM
    Some one please help.
    Help and suggestions were given previously in this thread. Did that information not help?
    01-22-2019 06:13 AM
    Well, we've been trying to help but without feedback from the person who originally posted the question, we can hardly know whether our suggestions are effective.
    If you've tried them yourself, tell us what happened. We can't really proceed further otherwise.

Edit: Posted same moment as @hallux..
    VidJunky likes this.
    01-22-2019 06:16 AM
    Well, we've been trying to help but without feedback from the person who originally posted the question, we can hardly know whether our suggestions are effective.
    If you've tried them yourself, tell us what happened. We can't really proceed further otherwise.

Edit: Posted same moment as @hallux..
    It did not help my phone wit the same issues.. Says nothing was detected
    02-02-2019 08:17 AM
    It did not help my phone wit the same issues.. Says nothing was detected
    Welcome to the forums. Those ads are caused by an app that you downloaded. This guide can help you to identify the culprit.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497
    02-02-2019 08:44 AM