It would be helpful in all cases if we knew what phone and region.
    Pixel 2, North Carolina, USA.

And yes, B. Diddy, when I try to run it.
    belodion likes this.
    05-29-2018 08:28 PM
    Intex Cloud Zest
    Kolkata,India

Phone is bricked. Please help someone anyone.
    05-30-2018 12:48 AM
    It sounds like the devices impacted are ones many of us don't have any experience with or access to.

Has anyone tried the cache partition wipe I suggested above? I think one tried safe mode and still had the issue, pointing to a deeper system issue. The Google searches we're doing (most of us in the West) for DMG as it relates to Android are turning up nothing.
    05-30-2018 05:01 AM
    Has anyone tried the cache partition wipe I suggested above?
    I got the error by running it from Play, immediately after installation, so there wouldn't be anything in its cache yet.

I think one tried safe mode and still had the issue, pointing to a deeper system issue.
    That would, since the app wouldn't be ruinning in Safe Mode - but then you couldn't try it to see if it worked either.

The Google searches we're doing (most of us in the West) for DMG as it relates to Android are turning up nothing.
    android dmg should turn up links to copying files from a Mac to an Android.

You mean when you try to open the app after installing it? If so, then maybe that's why some people are getting the error.
    If it were a page unreachable from some parts of the world, that would explain it - but then explain how a particular page could be unreachable from only some parts of the world. The site is on multiple servers, but they're not synced properly?
    05-30-2018 11:42 AM
    yeah I tried safe mode and it was still there, I also saw some people still had it after fac reset, this to me seems like a terrific virus or a system problem
    05-30-2018 01:01 PM
    So is it a virus? Is it a worldwide phenomenon? Please help us good person.
    05-31-2018 05:57 AM
    We’re all still trying to understand this so that help can be offered. As yet there is no consensus about what it is.
    05-31-2018 08:58 AM
    Is it wifi trying to transfer? Do you all have wifi on?
    05-31-2018 10:51 AM
    Yes. I was developing an app on android studio. That's when the phone got this malware. So please help someone anyone. Please good person have mercy on us.
    06-01-2018 04:11 AM
    What happens when you turn WiFi off?
    06-01-2018 09:10 AM
    i get the error with or without wifi
    06-01-2018 01:28 PM
    I’ve checked other sites where this problem is being reported, and no-one seems to have found a diagnosis and cure so far. I think we need someone here to try reflashing the stock ROM for their device and to tell us whether that fixes it.
    06-01-2018 03:35 PM
    seems to me thats the only cure, im trying to backup data through usb to my pc and ill try to flash then

guys do you also have dualsim phones? op and i do others?
    belodion likes this.
    06-02-2018 03:21 AM
    Did Someone do Flashing the Phone? it may resolve to this virus or an bug. Pls let me know if it worked
    06-02-2018 09:42 AM
    Did Someone do Flashing the Phone? it may resolve to this virus or an bug. Pls let me know if it worked
    Welcome.

Can you reflash your phone? We need help to solve this.
    06-02-2018 11:40 AM
    yeah if anyone flashes please notify us
    06-02-2018 05:11 PM
    Well i think i have a solution. Download KingRoot or Mobileuncle Tools and Uninstall the DMG and when it changes to com.dmg.apps. Restart your Phone and Let me know if it worked. Because I did what i said and it worked.
    06-03-2018 02:46 AM
    did you download that to the phone? please elaborate and write some mroe details about your solution pls
    06-04-2018 06:57 AM
    I did download the 2 apps. You just need to uninstall it from the 2 apps and if the 'DMG' change into 'com.dmg.apps' you need to restart your phone so the rapidly 'dmg has stopped' will stop. If you want to know more details just ask some questions. Let me know if my solution did worked or not because i'm using my phone with 'Dmg has stopped' fixed
    06-04-2018 10:51 AM
    It's frustrating that when I search the web for "Android DMG," all I find are mentions of .DMG files on Macs, which have nothing to do with this issue.

I don't think anyone has mentioned if they've tried a system cache partition wipe, as previously suggested by hallux. It would really be helpful if people could give that a try. If you don't know how to wipe your cache partition, do a web search for "[your phone] wipe cache partition" or "[your phone] hard reset" and look specifically for steps to get to Recovery Mode. You will usually find an option for Wipe Cache Partition there, alongside Wipe Data.

Another thing to try is to go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu>Show System, then look for any app that has "DMG" in it. It might be something like "com.Android.dmg." Select it, then tap Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data.
    06-04-2018 11:05 AM
    btw your saying is what i did on May 29 to june 3 until i said to myself that even i got something virus on this phone because of the KingRoot i want to erase this `Dmg Has stopped' then i noticed the optimised on Kingroot and i try to clicked it. When i saw the 3 virus apps that can't erase on my phone at KingRoot. I try to uninstall it when i tapped it. the `DMG' Changed into `com.dmg.apps' and if you see that it changes. Go Reset your phone. If you think that i'm lying. go to settings>developer options> Process Stats> then tap the 3 dots on the top of the right screen. and Tap Duration then tap 1 day and tap show system and Use Uss. try to scroll down untill you see the com.dmg.apps And now i checked on mine and My `com.dmg.apps' is gone idk what happened but i think it because of the Kingroot. Try it and let me know if it worked Pls trust me because i just want to help Thanks
    belodion likes this.
    06-05-2018 05:17 AM
    Yeah so I have an Intex Cloud Zest. The issue was solved by formatting the phone. Please take backup before formatting.
    06-05-2018 06:23 AM
    alright man just one question, did u donwload the 2 apps directly to your phone coz im not sure ill be able to do that
    06-05-2018 02:19 PM
    No. I didn't download any apps. Just formatted the phone entirely. I didn't just resetted it.
    06-06-2018 03:24 AM
    Well it's your choice do what i said or do what he said. That's the Options
    06-06-2018 05:14 AM
60 123