Nicked my screen a little while outdoors. Don't really know with what though, and thus have no idea how deep it goes. No safety glass, but I've managed to apply screen protector film beforehand. So how do I supposed to find whether it helped or not? Is there a method to estimate extent of the damage, cause while not very visible it still drives me nuts every time I see it and I would like to know if I can fix it by just buying new film or I'll have to learn to live with that?
    05-27-2018 06:54 AM
    Other than using a stereo microscope, there's no way to determine how deep the scratch goes. About all you can do is buy another protector (if it didn't come in a pack of 2 or 3), remove the existing one, then running the tip of your fingernail across the scratch. If you can't find it, it didn't go all the way through the protector. If it did, what you do next is up to you. You can apply a little windshield repair solution to the entire length of the scratch, then the curing solution, let it cure thoroughly (30 minutes of bright noon-time sunlight or a UV light for 5 minutes), then remove the excess by holding a razor blade almost parallel to the screen and running it over the gelled fluid. See

but hold the blade more parallel to the screen than he does.

Then, after you clean and prepare the screen, apply the new protector.
    05-28-2018 03:39 PM