Whenever I send a picture/video from my google pixel the quality is always reduced and I can't seem to find a way to stop this. Does anyone know how? Would be much appreciated!
    05-29-2018 09:31 AM
    You don't say in what way you're sending the image, but I'm going to assume it's through the SMS/MMS protocol. That protocol has a very limited file size capability. Until RCS is fully adopted, you're going to need to use a 3rd-party messaging solution to send the message as a pure data message or just use a text message to send a like to the picture stored in a Google Photos or other cloud account.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    05-29-2018 09:42 AM
    Quality reduction happening on sending videos does not happen on your phone, it happens on the carrier once the picture or video leaves your phone so the only thing you can do about it is avoid sending it through your carrier.

You can send them through Google Photos instead.

It could also depend on your carrier network and the receiving phone. If you are on the same network, and the recipient's phone is capable of receiving RCS, you should both activate that to send uncompressed messages via text.
    05-29-2018 09:43 AM
    Don't use the ancient MMS platform
    05-29-2018 11:23 AM