This is crazy. i've been in IT for a long time but cant figure this one out.

I add mp3 files to my sd card through my computer. eject the SD card correctly. Move the card to my S7. go to look at the files on the card and 80% of the files are just gone. Its a 64gb samsung SD card. i've added 1000 songs to it and verified that they show up just fine when on the computer. When i move to the phone, it tells me there are 153 files on the card. i move it back to the computer and it shows me 153 files (songs). Somehow, the majority of songs just get deleted from the card when i move them to the phone. i get no errors when i transfer the card to the phone. i've deleted the folder and retried. Same thing....thats just crazy.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Greygoose
    05-29-2018 02:41 PM
    Have you tried moving the files to your computer or a flash drive , then reformatting the card from your phone?

Maybe that will fix it.

Your card may be corrupted enough that your phone can't read all of it, but your PC can.
    billsterjito likes this.
    05-29-2018 03:05 PM
    I'll give it a shot if my latest test fails. i just recopied the files onto the sd card. its showing them all there. Now lets see if they stay there.

greygoose
    05-29-2018 03:56 PM
    if your following the post, i re-copied all the files onto the sd card. everything went well. SD card showed me i had 1000 files on it. 2 hours later i check the sd card and it now shows 452 files . i did not use my phone since the recopy. this is just crazy. i would kind of get this if i was getting some sort of error during the copy of some sign that the sd card was failing, but i got nothin... the files were there and available 2 hours prior. i did a phone restart and rechecked the numbers, more files have dissapeared. Next step , format card and try again.

i'll keep the this post ...posted

Greygoose
    05-29-2018 07:22 PM
    Just in case, run SD Insight on the card. Even though it says Samsung, it could be a counterfeit. (Although it doesn't sound like it.) The card could also be defective.
    05-29-2018 08:24 PM
    so i reformat the card, same things happens, then i get the newest message, no sd card inserted or sd card corrupted. I'm just going to order a new card and see what happens. i'll keep you posted. i never saw a storage device that would accept data, then slowly start unrecognizing bits and pieces of it without totally crashing.......too weird

greygoose
    05-29-2018 09:48 PM