Hi

How is the battery life and performance on oreo compared to nougat on tab s3? I'm worried that the oreo update will decrease battery life and performance, so I haven't updated it yet. I read many posts about the oreo update messing up the battery life of Samsung s8 phones, so I'm very sceptical about the oreo update.

Thank you in advance!
    05-29-2018 05:11 PM
    Only been rolled out in the UK (Europe, perhaps? Latest I heard was just UK), so no update for me yet. That being said, the update on my Note 8 only made things snappier and didn't see any battery life issues. Let's hope the same remains true for the Tab S3.
    05-29-2018 05:14 PM
    Well, it's here! Aaaaand it did seem to take a toll on my battery life so far. It's only been a day so maybe it'll stabilize, but it does seem to be draining faster than before. Not horrible but noticeable.
    06-01-2018 01:05 PM
    Update: Spoke way too soon. Battery took a nosedive. Like, bad. I noticed it was doing worse during use (but as mentioned above, not AS bad and just thought I'd give it a day or two), but then I charged to 100% before bed and voila! Woke up to a 26%-left indicator. On standby. With WiFi off. I freaked.

Thankfully, clearing cache from recovery mode seemed to help. Battery life is back to where it was before (at least on stand by). So if you have issues with battery life after updating yours, try clearing the device's cache (or just do it right after updating just in case).
    06-04-2018 12:23 PM