We have 500+ of these rooted tablets in commercial applications and yesterday they all crashed and froze due to Google server access issues.
    Any of these tablets which had ever had any connection to Google servers in the past, (all of them), now freeze immediately as soon as Wi-Fi is turned on. Many of these tablets have operated flawless for more than 2 years.
    Tried re-loading firmware, updating Google Play Services, etc. to no avail. None of these tablets have any desire or need to communicate with Google servers, but we don't know how to disable their nose from of our business.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
    05-30-2018 12:31 AM
    You flashed them with the stock firmware that had been working in the past and they froze? I've only heard of software inadvertently breaking hardware once in my 45 year career, but maybe this is the second time.

If you don't mean fully flashed new firmware, that's what you probably have to do. A new security update may cause problems with a rooted OS, which is why the update is supposed to stop as soon as it detects that the device has ever been rooted, and before it actually does anything. If you find that they work until you root them, you're going to have to either redevelop your app so it doesn't need a rooted OS, rebuild the OS so su is included in the flash from the start or somehow get Magisk to run on 4.4.4.
    05-30-2018 11:55 AM
    Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. I used the factory setting on my tablet but everytime I try to connect to google the full system freeze.
    Please fix it quickly..

Thanks,
    05-30-2018 12:24 PM
    We have nothing to do with Google's servers, so we can't fix it, slowly or quickly.
    05-30-2018 01:21 PM
    I have encountered same problem with 16 4.4.4 tablets.

Temporary solution:
    1. disable google play store
    2. disable google play services

After this wifi and ethernet work again.
    I personally don like this solution, so if anyone has a better one, please share it with us.
    05-31-2018 08:07 AM
    How to contact google about this?
    05-31-2018 12:25 PM
    How to contact google about this?
    While I understand the use case, I wish you good luck getting any kind of resolution out of Google for a 3-4 year old version of the OS. It's entirely possible that they have dropped support on the server side. In fact, at some point between October 2017 and the latest security bulletin (May 5, 2018) Google seems to have dropped support for any OS older than Marshmallow (6.0). That version of Android may no longer support the minimum API level.

I would start at support.google.com
    05-31-2018 02:36 PM
    There is a difference between stop support and make all devices crash when they try to connect google service. This is kind of sabotage and this is not normal from a company like Google.

Even if Android 4.4.4 is not kept up to date, it shouldn't prevent the device from operating.

I'm sure we are not the only one to have this issue..
    06-20-2018 12:46 AM
    There is a difference between stop support and make all devices crash when they try to connect google service. This is kind of sabotage and this is not normal from a company like Google.

Even if Android 4.4.4 is not kept up to date, it shouldn't prevent the device from operating.
    Nowhere did I say Google "sabotaged" the OS. I simply said that you're not likely to get help from Google due to the age of the OS, but I did then provide you the support site...
    06-20-2018 05:05 AM