I defenately have screen burn in because I use Google maps for navigation. Is there a way to prevent this? Maybe lower brightness?
    05-31-2018 12:09 PM
    Burn in is permanent.

You can prevent more burns from happening by using dark themes, and such. Personally I have never had burn in over 10 years on OLED screens, but I use phones at automatic brightness, and even when navigating, I use Waze in dark mode. I can see it well even when it's daytime, but I'd think that would be dependent on how your phone is positioned and the car itself.
    05-31-2018 12:22 PM
    Most AMOLED screens will burn in if you keep them at full brightness. Turning the brightness down to only as bright as you need it will prevent future burn in, but it won't eliminate what's already there.
    05-31-2018 06:02 PM
    Yep. This phone is a joke. Screen prone to scratches and now has double burn in. First was Google maps, now the entire screen minus the little bar at the top is burnt in as if someone tinted it. I never manually set my brightness at 100%. I used auto and the brightness would fluctuate between too low and 100%. That's when I noticed the burn in initially. So I started setting it manually. I have no idea how the latest bit of burn out n happened but I've only had this phone 6 months and it has all these problems (screen is prone to scratches as well). My last phone was a Google Nexus 5 and the screen looked the same after 2 years as it did when I bought it. I think I'm going to go with an Apple phone next time.
    08-04-2018 03:04 PM
    Yep. This phone is a joke. Screen prone to scratches and now has double burn in. First was Google maps, now the entire screen minus the little bar at the top is burnt in as if someone tinted it. I never manually set my brightness at 100%. I used auto and the brightness would fluctuate between too low and 100%. That's when I noticed the burn in initially. So I started setting it manually. I have no idea how the latest bit of burn out n happened but I've only had this phone 6 months and it has all these problems (screen is prone to scratches as well). My last phone was a Google Nexus 5 and the screen looked the same after 2 years as it did when I bought it. I think I'm going to go with an Apple phone next time.
    You're still under warranty?
    08-04-2018 03:30 PM
    I just noticed mine has the keyboard burned into it. I have set on auto. Nav bar also. Junkie. The screen cracked in about 3 months. So no warranties. Joke
    09-06-2018 07:55 PM