My Samsung galaxy note 3 for some while whenever i plug in my earphones and watch a video I raise the volume, but I only press it once and it lags a little and raises it all the way. I end up getting my ears blasted with music. Another problem is that for some reason the voice control keeps opening up and I'm not even touching anything. I'm using the normal apple earphones.
    06-01-2018 06:48 AM
    That's probably the problem: Apple Earphones. Not sure the pinout is compatible with Samsung phones (and even Samsung headsets will be different from older models to newer ones). That would explain why your volume goes crazy and your voice command prompt keeps popping up. Basically the terminals are making contact where they shouldn't be, so pressing any button on the headset or just by plugging it in, the phone might recognize signals incorrectly (and in worse cases, audio would be affected). You need to use a headset with the right pinout or you'll keep getting this weird behavior and potentially damage the headphone port.
    06-01-2018 12:43 PM