Getting screen message about not supported audio format

Teddydogno1

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Some time in the past couple of weeks, my phone (ZTE Axon 7) has started giving me a "random" screen message about not being able to play an audio file. When I'm NOT trying to play an audio file. It has come up when I send or receive a call, but not always. It only stays on the screen for a couple of seconds, so I have had trouble trying to capture the message details. After this happens, it shows in the top status bar as a "Music" item with an odd name...like "iiy_pol_gthqwpo".

I'm sorry I don't have a screenshot of the actual message or the full thing, but as I said it is only there for a second or two. It is an overlayed message in a dark oval of about 2 lines. It says "Sorry, but the audio file is not in a supported format" or something like that.

Any thoughts on what this is and how to make it stop? It happens at least a couple of times per day. Thanks.

Rob

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install an anti-virus app and an anti-malware app - it sounds like one of them is trying to play an audio file that your phone doesn't have an app to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC