I tried to install system update NPJS25.93-14.7-8 on my Moto G4 Plus and the phone is completely bricked. Even a professional shop could not revive it. The carrier, Consumer Cellular told me I am out of luck but they will be happy to sell me a new phone. Thanks a lot. I have another identical phpone, purchased at the same time. It keeps nagging me to install the update. No way!
    Has anyone heard of this happening on Android phones?
    06-01-2018 11:30 AM
    The carrier, Consumer Cellular told me I am out of luck
    Were you sent the update over the air? Then it's not a warranty issue, it's a liability issue. CC's update damaged your phone, which makes it their liability. Either they fix the phone, they replace the phone, or your attorney will have the judge explain "liability" to their attorney.
    06-01-2018 09:51 PM
    The update was sent by Motorola:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS127418

After the phone was not responsive I called Consumer Cellular and they told me how to reset the phone. But that did not work. So I looked for solutions on the 'net and found "bootloader", which of course also did not work. Now Motorola says they won't help because I installed the bootloader. I took the phone to a repair shop and they could not do anything with it. I can't even remove the battery and save it as a backup for my other phone.
    06-02-2018 11:30 AM
    The update was sent by Motorola:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS127418

After the phone was not responsive I called Consumer Cellular and they told me how to reset the phone. But that did not work. So I looked for solutions on the 'net and found "bootloader", which of course also did not work. Now Motorola says they won't help because I installed the bootloader. I took the phone to a repair shop and they could not do anything with it. I can't even remove the battery and save it as a backup for my other phone.
    Welcome to the forums. Did you unlock the bootloader or root your phone before the OTA update? Do you have an SD card?
    06-02-2018 01:05 PM
    I did not unlock the bootloader or root the phone, yes there is a SD card. It was in a completely unresponsive state. I accessed through the USB cable.
    06-02-2018 07:06 PM