I have an LG G4, and it shut from drained battery. I've plugged it in, and when it reaches 5%, it starts turning back on automatically but a notification shows saying "Android is starting... Optimising app _ of _, etc". But then the battery must drain again and the phone shuts off again, so it's an endless cycle. What can I do about it?
    06-01-2018 01:27 PM
    The most common reason I've seen for this is a bad USB cable preventing adequate current from flowing into the phone. Another user here has suggested a bad battery could also cause this. As old as the phone is, chances are the battery is due for replacement anyway, but the bad news is any "new" battery you buy now has likely been sitting on a shelf degrading for who knows how long. So going that route may be a crap shoot anyway.

Not to mention the G4 (and LG V10) has a design flaw that can lead to a bootloop, so you may want to also consider just upgrading the phone all together.
    06-01-2018 01:40 PM
    If you keep the phone, put a new battery into it and recondition it. Fully charge it, then use it until the phone shuts off. Recharge it fully - 3 full cycles of full charge/full discharge. It should work after that.

But, as Mooncatt said, it's still subject to the bootloop bug, so you might want to just replace the phone.
    06-01-2018 05:50 PM