I had an s7 edge, and randomly someone keeps gaining control of it. I'm in calls it ends, opening up Google assistant, changes volume. A wide range of random things. Well I changed to a new phone as I was due an upgrade and the same thing keeps happening. It doesn't last for anymore than ten minutes at a time but can happen up to 5 times a day. I have Bluetooth headphones and it seems like it's being controlled from something like that. Yet I turn Bluetooth off and even WiFi and it still doesn't lose control. It's very perplexing and I wish I was more technologically savvy but I just can't understand what it is. It's been happening for about a week now, on two different phones (I have a note 8 now), and I'm really stuck with this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the help.

Kind regards,
    Danny
    06-02-2018 10:32 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's highly unlikely that someone else is controlling your phone, especially if the unusual behavior seems very random, rather than goal-oriented. If you have a screen protector, take it off, since sometimes a poorly fitting protector can cause phantom touches. You can also try booting into Safe Mode: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28008. If it goes away in Safe Mode, then some app you installed is causing this behavior -- uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-04-2018 12:34 AM