I'm running Oreo (android 8.0.0) and folders I make in the Gallery app will disappear after a few days, along with the photos inside them. In my phone files, the folder is still there, but is empty. How can I fix this? If it helps, one folder contained 2 photos and the other contained 30 files, some pictures, gifs and mp4s.
    06-02-2018 07:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Do you know if these folders correspond to actual directories being created in Internal Storage, or are they folders that are only recognized by the Gallery app (i.e., the photo files are all still located in /DCIM/Camera)? Use a file manager app to check.
    06-03-2018 10:21 PM
    I'm having Gallery problems, too, with my Galaxy Note 5 following the last update Apr. 29th. I'm running Android 7.0.0, version N920VVRS3CRD2. Some of my Gallery folders are affected and some aren't; a few are showing no images. The affected ones show a frame where the photo should be, but the image is blank (white), and when I call them up, the viewing screen is black. This is happening with some older images I have loaded into Gallery from my desktop computer, plus all new ones, since the update. Also, new photos taken with the phone's camera are only opening in the Gallery viewer as very lo-res, blurry images. However, if I open any of these blank or blurred photos through my desktop, the image opens correctly in all its hi-res glory.

The strange thing is I also can open any photo normally using the phone's file browser; it shows they are still there and they'll open normally, BUT only one at a time. If I scroll to the next photo in the file browser, and Gallery has been showing it as blank, all I get is a black box the size of the original image.

UPDATE: 2:02 PM I decided to update the Gallery app itself, to version 5.4.02.12, and that has solved the problem. Everything is working now.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-04-2018 02:45 PM