My Galaxy S5 is becoming painfully slow and has cracks on the screen so I think it's time to upgrade. The phones that appeal are Nokia 7+ Oppo A73 & Samsung Galaxy A8+ (in that order) because of their price range and large screen, however I don't know enough about Android to know what I will lose/gain.

The Nokia works with pure Android One (currently Oreo) with no bloatware. If I move from the Galaxy will I lose my SMS history? I get lots of SMS messages and need to be able to search the history.

The A73 seems to be Ok but it uses ColorOS and I believe that means it loses the standard Do Not Disturb feature. I need to be available overnight, but only to nominated numbers so DND is quite important to me.

The Galaxy seems to be an easy swap but I don't know if a glass front and back makes it easier to break (even though it's Gorilla glass 5).

Can anyone help me better understand what I am getting into and if there are any other significant differences between these or other phones that I should be considering?
    06-03-2018 04:01 AM