I bought a this Samsung Galaxy so from a pawn shop. I did factory reset and it won't let me get past Google password
    06-03-2018 02:09 PM
    No, it certainly won't do that. You'll need the cooperation of the person whose account is on the device. Without that, you have something which is unusable.
    hallux likes this.
    06-03-2018 03:21 PM
    Bring it back to the pawn shop. If they can't unlock it for you (by contacting the person they bought it from), they'll have to take it back and eat the loss. It's an expensive paper weight the way it is.
    hallux likes this.
    06-03-2018 03:48 PM
    I'd suggest trying to return it to the pawn shop for an exchange/refund because now it's basically a paper weight.

For future reference when buying used, do a factory reset before completing the sale. If it asks you for the prior login info, either back out of the sale or see if the prior owner can input their info to get you in. At that point, you'll need to completely remove their Google account from the phone's settings. Then you should be able to factory reset again and be able to start from scratch.

This is a security feature, and many people don't know about it. They go to sell their phones without logging out of their accounts before resetting the phone, making it impossible for the next owner to set it up. It's to prevent thieves from being able to access the phone, thus make it less desirable to steal them.
    hallux likes this.
    06-03-2018 03:50 PM