All of a sudden my phone has become unable to connect to any wifi. It began suddenly yesterday, not following any sort of update as far as I'm aware. I also haven't installed any new software recently, or fiddled with any settings.

I can see the wifi connections on the list of wifi networks and they show saved and secured. When I try to connect, it just says "Connecting..." for a while before going back to "Saved". Sometimes it shows "Wi-fi Connection Failure" after trying for a while.

This seems to be a relatively common problem, but none of the solutions I've found online has solved the issue. I tried forgetting/reconnecting to the wifi, clearing all network settings, restarting my phone, and removing/reinserting the battery and sim card. I tried connecting to some other wifis today and none of them have worked either, so I don't think it is a router issue. I have tried booting my phone in safe mode and the problem persists. Any ideas on how to fix this?
    06-04-2018 11:52 AM
    Do you have a Walmart nearby? Try connecting to theirs - it's completely open.

If it still won't, I'd do a full backup, then a reflash.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd suspect the wifi transceiver.
    06-04-2018 01:28 PM