Star Locater Apps Crash

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've downloaded 4 different star finder apps, and they all freeze up after a couple of hours. They allow you to move your phone around and they have an overlay of stars and planets that move along with the phone and identify stellar objects. They work like they are supposed to when I first download them, but if I open them up a couple hours later, they are frozen in one spot, and the overlay no longer follows the phone around. If I restart the phone, they will all work again for the first couple times you open them. But then they will freeze up again. It seems to me that the first one I downloaded was right before a recent Android update, and it didn't have this problem before the update... but I might be mistaken about that. Anyway, I'm thinking it's something with the phone because I have tried four different Star Finder apps and every single one does the same thing.

Mike Boll

Jun 5, 2018
Visit site
You do have your GPS enabled, right? (I run Star Walk 2 - it takes a while to start, but it never freezes or crashes.)

Yes, the GPS is enabled. Star Walk 2 was the last one I tried. It worked when I installed it Saturday night, but when I checked it Monday morning to see if it would be froze up like all the others, it was. I've also tried Skyview and star tracker. I don't remember the fourth one I tried. I opened Skyview about 5 minutes ago, and the real-time view through my camera works as always, but the overlay of stars is frozen in the spot it was in when it was last working. That's what they all have done.