I have a OnePlus 3T that will be sent in for repair soon (broken screen) and they told me I need to wipe it before it's sent in. With a broken screen the only way I can wipe it is remotely which I thought was easy with Android Device Manager but when I go onto that there is no 'erase' option, just a button to 'enable secure and erase'. I've been clicking this loads for the last 3 days and nothing changes, I just get a notification saying a request has been sent to enable it. Any ideas what's happening and if I will be able to wipe it any time soon?
    06-05-2018 02:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The remote erase/wipe command won't happen until the phone is turned on and connected to the web.
    06-05-2018 04:49 PM
    Thank you very much!

This is what I'm a bit confused about, though. The phone is connected and I am able to track it to it's actual location at the moment. I'm even using WhatsApp desktop through the phone so it's online and connected, just not letting me wipe it
    06-06-2018 02:32 AM
    I have to admit, I've never actually gone through this whole process myself, so I might be missing something. Are you using the Find My Device app to do this, or your Google account site? https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone-guide
    06-06-2018 11:49 AM
    Try turning the phone off, then turning it on.

If that doesn't work, you've done as much as you can. (Odds are that they'll wipe it as soon as they get the new screen on it [for their own protection].)
    06-06-2018 01:23 PM
    I have to admit, I've never actually gone through this whole process myself, so I might be missing something. Are you using the Find My Device app to do this, or your Google account site? https://myaccount.google.com/find-your-phone-guide
    Ah perfect! I didn't know about the Google site but that has worked perfectly. Thank you very much!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-08-2018 03:33 AM