How can I get Google Voice to work?
    06-05-2018 01:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Which aspect of Google Voice is giving you trouble?

Have you already acquired a number?

Did you successfully set up forwarding to your mobile (or a landline)?

Are you attempting to set Google Voice as your voicemail provider instead of your mobile carrier? If so, open https://voice.google.com and once there, click the three-dots menu at the bottom of the menu bar on the left side of the screen. From there, click "Legacy Google Voice." Once the Legacy view opens (in my browser, it opened in a new tab), click on your Google Voice number. When the settings menu opens, you should see an entry for your mobile with a link that says "Activate Google voicemail on this phone." Click on it, and it will show you the necessary steps for setting it up.

I've had trouble setting an alternative voicemail number on my phone, and I believe that's a restriction placed in the firmware by my mobile carrier (T-Mobile USA won't let users override their default settings). That only restricts you from using the speed dial to access voicemail - you'll have to retrieve voicemail by opening the app, visiting the website, or dialing your GV number directly from one of your forwarding lines.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    06-05-2018 02:19 PM