G920T on AT&T.
    Had my battery replaced (at an authorized Samsung repair center) 2 weeks ago. Ever since then, my Phone app went amok.
    I can surf, receive calls, send texts, etc... everything is fine, except the dialer screen - and the Contacts details screen. Trying to make any call from those immediately brings up the message:
    "No cellular network available. Connect to an available Wi-Fi Network to make calls."

Calling the same (or any) number from the main Contacts list (or form the Recents) list works just fine.

So far tried resets, power cycles, re-inserting the SIM card, clearing overall cache, Reset All Settings, and Reset Network Settings. Everything except a factory reset, pretty much. Nothing has made a dent.
    Phone is up to date and never been rooted or such.

Help!!

If all else fails I'll take it back to the lab in a few days, but that means losing half a day of work to this madness.
    06-05-2018 07:43 PM
    06-05-2018 07:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? How do I use Safe Mode on my Galaxy S6 or S6 edge? | Samsung Support UK

You might want to try reinstalling the firmware, in case the current copy got corrupted somehow: http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29914
    06-06-2018 04:32 PM
    Hi B.Diddy,
    Tried Safe Mode, same behavior.

I do have a Smart Switch backup from 3 weeks ago. Do you see a benefit to trying the Samsung lab first (uBreakIFix, really)? What's the expected "headache factor" from reinstalling the firmware?
    Just debating the 'path of least pain' forward.
    06-06-2018 07:44 PM
    If it happens in Safe Mode, it's either firmware or hardware. The headache factor of reinstalling the firmware would be having to back everything up beforehand, then restoring the phone afterwards, since it's essentially like a factory reset (except it goes a step beyond, in case the current copy of the firmware on the phone is corrupt). If you bring it back to the shop for a hardware issue, there's a good chance they may have to reset it themselves, so there'd be no difference there.

Given the timing of what happened, it would make more sense that it's a hardware problem caused by the shop when they replaced the battery, so I guess I'd lean towards bringing it back. Then again, if you really want to avoid being without a phone for several days or even a few weeks, the firmware reinstall might still be worth trying first.
    06-07-2018 10:45 AM
    B. Diddy, is it true that Initialization recovery in Smart Switch is no more? Is there a way to run it?
    See my post here.
    06-08-2018 04:11 PM
    Sorry, I don't have direct experience with Smart Switch, so I'm not sure. I hope I didn't give any misleading information! The other way to reinstall firmware would be with Odin: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...interface.html
    06-08-2018 06:25 PM