My Samsung Galaxy Tab4 was charging fine last night, was up to 100% when I unplugged it. After I played on it and took the battery down to 20%, I went to charge it in. It didn't show that it was charging. I blew out the port, made sure the adapter and cord was working for my phone, and tried again. No dice. I swapped adapters, swapped cords, everything I could think of. Nothing happened. I read online if you unplug your battery it will reset the charging system. I turned it all the way off, took of the back, and unplugged the battery, then plugged the battery back in and started it up. This time when I plugged it in the percentage still said nothing was happening, it was at 19%. But, I went to settings and it said it was charging.

When I unplugged it, however, to make sure it was working, it still said charging in settings. I plugged it back in and it said charging still. So I just left it charging for about 4 hours. I turned it on again once it was finished, and it had gone down to 18%. So I did a soft reset by holding the power button. When it powered back up the battery was up to 30%. Still it didn't say charging on the little battery thing on the top of your tablet, but when I went to settings it said charging. So I let it charge for 2 more hours, and it went down to 27%. I figured the same thing would happen so I soft reset it again. Nothing happened, percentage was still 27%.

So after letting charge a little longer, and repeating the soft reset, and nothing happened, I decided it wasn't working. So I factory reset it. It still is not charging, but says its charging in settings, unless I unplug it, and then do a soft reset. I have no idea what's happening but its very annoying. Its only 2 years old. What do I need to do? THe last resort that I've read is drain it until it shuts down, then charge to 100%. BUT if its not charging... Someone please help.
    06-05-2018 07:47 PM