Found another thread here, but wasn't sure what the final answer was.

I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 currently on Ting. At one point, they told me it would work in Europe. A few months ago, I got a message saying:

"Attention. Your device will now support an international UICC as well as your service provider UICC."

I called Ting the other day to make sure it was all good, and they told me to follow these steps:

Basically:

Enable data on your phone
    Tap Apps
    Settings
    System Updates (on some Samsung devices this will be on the More tab)
    UICC Unlock
    Follow the onscreen prompts

But when I click "UICC Unlock", I get the error:

"You can currently only use your service provider UICC with this device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider."

To be clear, I only have the SIM card that the phone had when I bought it used off eBay ("Sprint", I assume). It's bee working fine on Ting for about a year now.

Help? Thanks.
    06-05-2018 07:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Did you talk to the Ting people again after you encountered that UICC message?

Also, be aware that the phone will probably not support LTE in Europe, since it only supports LTE bands 25, 26, and 41: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=mHeZRJsd. I don't think these bands are typically covered in Europe.
    06-06-2018 03:29 PM
    When I initially got the first message ("Attention. Your device will now support an international UICC as well as your service provider UICC."), I did NOT call Ting.

When I got the 2nd message ("You can currently only use your service provider UICC with this device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider."), however, I *did* call them. They couldn't figure out why I was getting the error.

Does that help?
    06-06-2018 04:54 PM
    You mentioned that it's a Sprint phone, so I wonder if you'd need to talk to Sprint directly, not Ting.
    06-06-2018 11:37 PM