I just stumbled upon a site from history and it says my ip address is blocked is that bad
    06-05-2018 08:51 PM
    It most likely will prevent you from being able to visit that website during the time your device has that particular IP address. There could be a few reasons for this

The website could be thinking you are also in a part of the world that is not allowed to visit that site. With the new European privacy rules, many newspapers and other sites are blocking visitors from outside of the US by the IP. This could be why you were able to visit the site in the past and now you are blocked.

The IP address could have also gotten banned while someone else was assigned that same IP since IPs are recycled. This is also why it's a bad idea for websites to ban by IP address. You can probably change your IP address by turning off the phone for several minutes and then turning it back on. This is usually how you can change the IP address that your modem is assigned at home as well.

The message you are getting says your IP is blocked so it could be for something related to the first reason above.
    06-06-2018 04:26 AM