Should I purchase another Note 4 after mine became a Brick? My Note 4 Betrayed Me!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have had my Note 4 for a little over 3 years now (Love this phone). I have kept it in pristine condition. I don't drop it, never operated it outside of a case and screen protector and out of the blue, it started boot looping and will not power back on. I am in IT so I did all the trouble shooting I knew to do and others did as well to no avail. I am upset! It's like a "kill switch" was sent to my phone. Should I buy another Note 4? I am normally Samsung loyal but I'm thinking of going to another brand. Please give me feedback if you have any.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It'd help to know what you've tried, so that we don't suggest them again. For example, did you already try booting into Recovery, or replacing the battery?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try overnight charging, then see if you can get into download mode (Home, Volume Down, Power - and you may have to hold them a little longer than normally). If you can, you can flash the stock ROM to it and see what it's not doing right.

Or, as B. Diddy said, check the battery first (It should show at least 3.7 Volts - after charging overnight it should be at 3,75 Volts or even a little more.) A good Note 4 battery is under $15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer