re: some help with a rca android tablet

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
re: some help with a rca android tablet

This is a brand new RCA 10" Viking Pro model rct6k03w13 tablet. I can't get the tablet to sync and see my Dell laptop, OS WIN7 Home 32bit, via the USB cable, also the Dell laptop won't sync back and see the tabet either. I tried the USB cable on my cell phone to my Dell laptop it worked 100%. Did I miss something on the setup? The users guide is no help. What am I doing wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: some help with a rca android tablet

When you connect via USB and swipe down the notification panel, do you see a USB notification icon?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Make sure there's no debris in the tablet's microUSB port, and also clean the contacts using a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. If the problem persists, I wouldn't spend too much time trying to fix it -- bring it back and ask for an exchange.

reble

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site

I found out the problem with this RCA 10" Viking Pro model rct6k03w13 tablet. This tablet has both a type B USB data port and a USB 2.0 port. The charge cord has it's own plug in. The reason that the USB type B port and the USB 2.0 port won't respond to any normal cable or a thumb drive with an adapter for the USB type B port is that you have to buy ether a special adapter and/or cable from RCA. No standard off the shelf cable or thumb drive will work in this tablet PERIOD. That is straight from the horse's mouth, I online chatted with a RCA tablet tech last week. I have between busy packing up my Amateur radio station, laptop and the rest of the apt and moving to a new apt. It took time to get back online and report this fact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois