When I scroll in the internet, how come the page jolts back up a bit a few seconds after loading?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Normally, when I scroll down any page on the internet (I am using Chrome 63.0.3239.111), it will scroll smoothly and without any sudden movement. But for some reason, a few seconds after the page loads and I end up scrolling down, it will jolt back up a bit. For example, I'm looking at a listing and I scroll down to the 15th listing. And next thing I know, I am back to the 1st listing. I am in hot water with this right now, and I need some serious help with it. Tried and true answers only, please.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Pages aren't always finished loading immediately after you see the screen in a "what looks like everything is there" state. A little trick web developers use is to display the page as soon as possible, then do the rest, like sending the JavaScript code. Once that code starts running, it may bring you back to the beginning of the page.

Go to the page, let it sit for a few seconds, then do what you want.

And no, before you ask, there's nothing you can do about it on your end - it's how the page is written.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781