cannot access captive portal login page after oreo 8.0 update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone.

To use my internet at work, I need to go through a simple captive portal login page where I simply "accept terms and agreements" through a button click. I don't even have to enter a login and password.

However, ever since my LG G6 Sprint Oreo 8.0 update this past weekend, I cannot load the captive portal login page at work. It tries to load, but then times out and fails. I have tried to directly access the portal via 1.1.1.1 (which is what our system uses and has worked for me in the past), however, that also times out and cannot fully load. I am able to access the network via my computer and others around me can access the wifi via their phones, so I know this specific to this Oreo 8.0 update since that is the only thing that has changed since I was last at work and using my phone on our wifi.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Do you get the same problem when trying to access the captive portal from the notification and from different browsers? You could try clearing data for the CaptivePortalLogin app (in settings - apps - all/system) and then restart the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a good idea from Javier P. If you have trouble finding it, go to Settings>Apps and tap Menu>Show System.

gbapb

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site
Did you manage to fix it? I have the exact same problem on the exact same phone and nothing I've done has helped.

is there any solution already? i have the same problem at my A7 2017

Hi, i have the same problem wit A7, do you already now how to fix it?

Same issue here. Phone A7-2017.

I have the same problem with my A7 2017,I haven't been able to solve the issue but a temporary solution that I have found is to access via a web browser the router page (in most cases by typing in the url 192.168.0.1)

Right now I'm trying to access via the link that I mentioned but with no success, regardless I think that way might work for some of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22