Hello,

I’ve been having a bit of trouble with Google Photos. When I try to save my edited videos, it says ‘Unable to save changes’. When I edit them through another app, the video doesn’t save properly, and appears grey with a time span of 0.00 in the main folder. It’s just black when I try to open and play it. I don’t have an SD card in my phone, which appeared to be the cause of the issue for some other people with the same problem (but we’re unable to save photos rather than videos), and I’ve tried restarting Google Photos and my phone without much luck. It’s also running considerably slower than usual, for example it took 5 - 10 minutes to delete around 200 photos when it usually takes around 5 - 10 seconds to delete 400. I have a HTC Lifestyle. Any suggestions as to what do to would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    06-08-2018 01:14 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure your important photos and videos are backed up somewhere -- either in the cloud, like in Google Photos or Google Drive, or locally on your computer's hard drive.

Then, go to Settings>Apps, select Google Photos, tap Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open it again and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. Now see if you can edit the videos successfully.
    06-09-2018 10:27 PM
    Thanks for your response, went through all the steps you listed but unfortunately it had no effect.
    I uninstalled the updates as a last resort, and it seem to be working fine now. I’ll probably wait a while for reinstalling the latest version in case there’s some problem with my phone that causing an issue with Google Photos or the current version has a bug.
    Thanks for your help though
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-10-2018 10:28 AM