An Adapter for Samsung car charge to a Google Pixel phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a car charger for my Samsung Phone but I need an adapter to attach to it to change it over for my new Google Pixel Phone, is there such an animal?

A

Android Central Question

I have a car charger for my Samsung Phone but I need an adapter to attach to it to change it over for my new Google Pixel Phone, is there such an animal?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung charger cable uses a MicroUSB plug? I prefer to use a cable with the proper ends rather than using an adapter. You'll need a PROPER USB-A to USB-C cable (which means it will NOT indicate "charging rapidly") if the 12V adapter has a USB plug on it.

If the 12V adapter does not have a USB plug on it, I would snag one with a USB-C plug and get a USB-C to USB-C cable. Be sure the 12V adapter is USB-PD compliant, like this one - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6262531

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a handful of microUSB-to-C and C-to-microUSB adapters (about $5 for each handful on eBay, or even Amazon) and they all work fine. In fact, my car charger cable is a plain old microUSB cable with an adapter. (It doesn't fast charge, but I never use that much power in the car that I need it.)