If you have an Android with 214 area code,and say go to Vegas,then calla Vegas area code,would your Android still say"214 area code"?Just cos someone is calling ,doesn't mean the area code matches their location?
    06-10-2018 08:41 PM
    I'm not sure I follow. Most (all?) caller ID's in the US will show the full 10-digit number, it doesn't matter what kind of phone is making the call.
    06-10-2018 08:49 PM
    It use to be that area codes were location based with landlines. Cellphones are assigned an area code based on where the account was located, but that number now stays with the phone no matter where you are.

For example, I first got my phone years ago when I lived in Maine. A carrier change/number porting and several phones later, I still have that same number while living in Wisconsin. Whenever I call someone, it still comes up with the Maine area code I was originally assigned (leading to many dismissals to voice mail if they don't know me yet, lol). I could likely get it changed to a local number, but I don't feel like putting in the work to update everyone.
    06-10-2018 10:54 PM
    The phone number of your phone is always the phone number. The caller ID will always say 214.

However, if you use your Texas phone while in Vegas to call a Vegas number, that call will be a local call since you are physically in Vegas even though you have to dial all 10 digits.
    06-11-2018 04:48 AM