I want a SMS app that suggests words, not predicts them.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I don't know the actual name of this function, but it is a default feature of the Galaxy Note 5, and now that I have switched to a Pixel 2, I cannot find this feature on any of the alternate SMS apps I have tried, specifically looking for it. I am embarrassed to say that I even experimented with different keyboard apps, in case that was the source of the feature, with no luck.

This feature helps correct a word that you have dictated, by offering suggestions for what you might have meant the keyboard to type. After the dictated word appears incorrectly, you long-press the word and a drop-down list of other possibilities appears from which you can tap the word you actually want. (Clear as mud? It would be easier if I knew the word for this feature!)

For instance, if you dictate a word, and "won" erroneously appears, when you long-press "won," you might receive choices of one, win, on, once, 1, and in. Apparently the voice recognition app thinks that I mumble, so the more choices I get, the better.

Does anyone recognize what I am talking about and know an app that provides this?
Thank you

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
1. It is part of the keyboard app, not an SMS app, which is why you can't find it.
2. Dependent on the keyboard, it's location may differ. For Swiftkey, it's simply turning off autocorrect but leaving prediction on.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance