So this morning, I was using my S4 and I accidentally dropped it (probably from around one meter of the floor) onto my carpet. I picked it back up and it seemed fine, so I began typing in my password to unlock the phone and when I pressed OK the phone shut down.
    I tried turning it on using the power button, nothing. I tried leaving it to charge for about 15 minutes, nothing. I tried removing the batter (also blowing on the gold parts inside), and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo popped up for about a second before turning completely off again.
    I googled solutions and tried the power button, volume up button + home button thing, that did nothing. I tried removing the battery, holding the power button for a minute and putting the battery back in, it just did the same thing as when I removed the battery earlier.
    Now it's just sitting here on charge and has been for about 20 minutes now (after I had tried everything mentioned above), I just can't figure out what to do. It's a second hand phone I was given after my last phone broke, which was an iPhone, so I'm not sure how old the S4 is or if it's still under warranty. I've been using it for 4-months now and this is the first problem I've had with it.
    06-12-2018 02:56 AM
    Damage from the impact? A bad battery? Try charging for several hours.
    06-12-2018 05:02 AM