06-15-2018 06:05 PM
36 12
tools Reply
    So last night my phone showed "home keeps stopping" and will not allow me to get into anything. I have shut it down, taken the battery out and restarted it. It keeps showing the same thing. Any ideas how to fix this? I can't get into any apps as I cant get past this screen. TIA
    06-12-2018 05:54 AM
    Mine started doing the same thing this morning. Kind of strange that there are so many. I changed to EasyHome but would still like to find out what's going on.
    Have you recently received a system update? Also, see which apps show up in Play Store as 'recently updated', it's possible that there's a conflict with a third party app that was updated in the background.
    Thats so weird because i have the same phone and mine has been doing it since lastnight to. I'm going crazy because i can't get it to work.
    06-12-2018 06:46 AM
    I woke up to this problem. I was able to get to settings using the pull down menu but the only home screen setting that works is the easy home screen. I don't get it. That's 3 phones 3 different people same problem
    MaryPat likes this.
    06-12-2018 06:50 AM
    Ok so this is my post. I had to make an account to reply. I am chatting with customer service. They are not being too helpful but i will keep u posted if i get it fixed. Hopefully it'll work for u too
    06-12-2018 07:20 AM
    My daughter phone is doing the same this morning I wish I knew what was going on
    06-12-2018 08:01 AM
    My started doing that last night aswell. Go to home settings and change it to easy home. If you reset your phone to factory reset it will only fix it temporarily.
    06-12-2018 08:19 AM
    My PHONE DOING THE SOMETHING!!! UGH WTF
    06-12-2018 08:29 AM
    Temporary fix: pull screen menu down, settings, Display, Home, Home screen, Select Home, Easy Home. It will be a different home screen, but you can access apps and use your phone. I highly recommend still calling the phone company. If one thing will fail, others will follow.
    MaryPat and Bobbi O like this.
    06-12-2018 08:59 AM
    Mines is doing the same thing. Had to go to settings, display and easy home
    SO WEIRD!!!
    06-12-2018 09:27 AM
    Mine is doing the very same thing. For our phones to stop working all at the same time something weird is going on. Is the phone company fixing the issue or giving us another one?
    MaryPat likes this.
    06-12-2018 10:18 AM
    I went to settings, display but there is nothing there that says easy home...where can I find this?
    06-12-2018 10:23 AM
    Just install a new launcher and be done with this annoying issue.
    I put my LG Aristro 2 in battery saver mode this morning and it started giving me the "Home Keeps Stopping" nonsense. After countless attempts to fix it yielded no progress, I came to the conclusion that the frustration is not worth it.

It is easier to just ditch "Home" and install a new launcher. There are many free ad-free launcher on the PlayStore. I personally decided to go with Evie Launcher and so far it's been working great.

Here's a temporally fix if you do not want to install a new launcher:
    There's already a basic app version of "Home" called "Easyhome". If you make Easyhome your default home app the problem goes away.

Go to Settings, General, Apps, press on EasyHoome, Press on HomeApp, Press on Home, Choose EasyHome.
    Emm Orozco likes this.
    06-12-2018 10:25 AM
    Oh my god the easy home worked they must be hacked or something or its a viral bug but i might switch to apple
    MaryPat likes this.
    06-12-2018 10:42 AM
    Ironically enough my husband's and mine just started doing this as well! So who do we call, email or PM to get this fixed??
    06-12-2018 11:34 AM
    Ok to fix the Problem download on the Play Store a New home launcher I chose Nova Launcher and it's workin, just use it till LG fixes the problem, Hope this Helps to all!
    Emm Orozco likes this.
    06-12-2018 11:53 AM
    So it seems like every LG Aristo *2* (thats the one I have, not sure if any other models have stopped working too) has stopped working with the homepage, i've checked multiple websites and everything seems to have started since yesterday night (june 11th). I too got the message but it was at around 10:50 or 11, i tried restarting the phone, keeping it off, and was thinking about a factory reset. Going to easy home works like mentioned in previous comments, and will the your best bet at fixing the issue, i will try to find the reason why its stopping but until now we have to wait.
    MaryPat and Bobbi O like this.
    06-12-2018 12:07 PM
    My phone has been doing it since yesterday too. What in the world going on? I've restarted it and everything. Still, home stopped working. Anyone with a solution? Is it the network?
    06-12-2018 12:10 PM
    Dingo prime!! It worked!!! Thank youu...
    06-12-2018 12:35 PM
    update the system software
    06-12-2018 12:55 PM
    Go to your settings from the drop down and go to home screen, then select home, and then select easy screen. Your homepage should now appear and then you should see your main apps and then depending on how much you have you may have to scroll over and click where it says apps to see all your installed apps. Not sure what is going but it started last night as my daughters phone did it and now mine today along with hundreds of other people. That is the fix for now but they should let users know what happened and if there is anything we need to do further or when it will be fixed.
    06-12-2018 12:59 PM
    Last night lg Aristotle 2 kept saying home screen stopped. I factory reset and lost everything. Today it did it again. Something is wrong with these phones BC I'm reading all the comments and I'm not the only one. Several people who have these phones have this problem. I took a comments advice and was able to change it to easy home this time and FOR NOW it worked.
    06-12-2018 01:04 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing I'm with metro pcs are they the ones should i call?
    06-12-2018 01:12 PM
    Go to the PlayStore and install a different launcher. There are many other good launcher apps beside "Home".
    06-12-2018 01:17 PM
    My started doing that last night aswell. Go to home settings and change it to easy home. If you reset your phone to factory reset it will only fix it temporarily.
    How do u do that?
    06-12-2018 01:38 PM
    Mine started doing the same thing this morning. Kind of strange that there are so many. I changed to EasyHome but would still like to find out what's going on.
    06-12-2018 01:50 PM
36 12